2016 math conference
Keynote: Anna Weltman
Saturday October 15
This year's math conference features the dynamic keynote presenter Anna Weltman, author of "This is Not a Maths Book". This book highlights math/ art activities for children. Anna's talent comes in finding the grade level appropriate math in a given activity that would engage and challenge a kindergartener through a high school student.
- There will be many K-12 breakout opportunities throughout the day such as math games, integrated math/ science activities, math modeling, engagement strategies, inquiry based learning and math/ art.
- Inexpensive and convenient: Most math conferences are far away and expensive, we are local and affordable yet offer outstanding sessions and presenters.
- K-12 Grade level sessions target your students: learn it Saturday and use it the next week.
- It's easy: Register with PayPal or at the conference with cash or check.
- Breakfast and lunch included!
- Hands on math activities and presentations during the "playing lunch"
- 0.5 Unit available from HSU for $25
- Register here.
Check out RESOURCES tab to apply for a collaboration grant.
Congratulations 2015 Asilomar winners! Jessica Frisk, math teacher from Ferndale High and Alysha Simoni, kindergarten teacher from Alice Birney will be traveling to Monterey with a team of local teachers for one of the biggest and best math conferences in the Northern CA.
The California Mathematics Council (CMC) is a state-wide organization, with officers elected by the entire membership and a governing board appointed by the officers. The CMC Far North offers support to teachers in the Humboldt, Del Norte and neighboring counties.
MISSION STATEMENT: CMCFN provides professional learning opportunities to local math & STEAM educators.